Assist Store Manager/Owner in managing and promoting all aspects of the business, including but not limited to buying, selling, pricing, sales, merchandising, loss prevention, assistance with staff recruitment, training, and development. Promote a high level of customer service and involvement, and continually strive for innovative solutions and alternatives in bettering the business.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Greet customers immediately, determine their needs, and handle all transactions in a professional and enthusiastic manner.
- Assist with buying, selling, pricing and merchandising by adhering to merchandising standards, evaluating market demands, adhering to buying plan, managing stock and sales levels, and meeting or exceeding store sales goals and purchase goals.
- Assist with determining personnel requirements based on season and store schedule; assist with staff recruitment and interviewing. Train, and evaluate current staff as assigned throughout all stages of their development.
- Become familiar with product merchandise and brand names. Seek out opportunity to buy used goods, closeouts, liquidations, etc.
- Assist in the establishment and monitoring of appropriate security procedures including computer cash register and open/close procedures.
- Promote and role model superior customer service to all customers, every day. Insure that all store associates understand and support the pursuit of superior service.
- Post high school education preferred.
- 1-year prior retail management experience or 3-4 years prior retail sales experience preferred with strong leadership skills exhibited.
- Sales and goal-oriented.
- Strong organizational and time management skills are crucial importance.
- Proven customer service skills and strong interpersonal and communications skills required.
- Must be computer literate.
- Ability to stand and walk for lengthy periods of time (8 hours).
- Lifting up to 40 lbs. unassisted.
- Bending, rotating, reaching conducive to a retail environment.
- Must be able to operate a computerized sales terminal.
- No exposure to hazardous materials or environments.
If you think YOU have what it takes...
Download the application, fill it out, then bring it in!!
Add Your Style to Ours . . .
Join the Plato's Closet® Team
Think YOU have what it takes?
- Do you know what AE, A&F, and F21 mean?
- Are your friends always asking your opinion on what to wear?
- Do you like to be busy? (Plato's Closet is NOT for the weak!)
- Do you want to work with people who love fashion as much as you do?
IF SO....Download the application, fill it out, then bring it in!!
We would love to meet you!